| 123 Madison | Clarendon, AR 72029
Incorporated in 1859, Clarendon is the only city in Monroe County that existed before the county was established. Originally named Mouth of Cache (Cache is from the French Picard word meaning "hunt"), the city was renamed Clarendon in 1837 after the Earl of Clarendon of England. Burned in 1864 during the Civil War, Clarendon rebounded as a cotton center and factory town manufacturing pearl buttons that were cut from White River shells. As of the 2010 census, Clarendon had a population of 1,664 residents.
Square Miles: 1.90
Water Square Miles: 0.10
Total Square Miles: 2
People Per Square Mile: 875.79